Sodashi Founder, Megan Larsen gives her top natural beauty tips, designed specifically for busy women.
1. Save five minutes a day by cleansing your face in the shower.
The steam opens pores for a deeper cleanse. Sodashi’s clay cleansers contain a blend of mineral-rich kaolin and pure botanicals that work to both cleanse and nourish the skin, leaving the skin feeling supple and softly moisturised.
2. Dry body brushing is a super quick and effective way to exfoliate.
It’s perfect for those on the go as it also stimulates the body, circulation, lymphatics and enlivens the mind – it’s a great way to start the day. It has so many benefits in one easy step.
3. As you finish your shower apply a nourishing oil (try Sodashi’s Vitamin Rich Body Oil) over your body like you would a body wash and rinse briefly.
When you get out of the shower, pat yourself dry with a towel – don’t rub! Rubbing irritates and dries the skin. It leaves skin soft, supple and hydrated and saves time moisturising. (saves 5 minutes after every shower)
4. Choose one evening a week to focus on beauty.
For example, on Sunday evenings I do a full body exfoliation, facial exfoliation, facial mask and scalp mud treatment. Although you have set aside more time for your beauty ritual on that one day, it saves time throughout the week. And you can start the week with glowing soft supple skin and shiny manageable hair!
5. Use multi-tasking products, for example, Sodashi’s Brightening Marine Mineral Mask manages to detoxify and deep cleanse, as well as nourish and brighten the skin.
And you can pop it on and carry on for 20 minutes and carry on with what you are doing! Nurturing your skin with an intensive weekly treatment will keep your skin glowing, limiting makeup use and therefore minimising makeup application time.
6. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate to keep skin looking its best! Aim to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water per day.
Drink a large glass of warm water in the morning with fresh lemon juice, this kick starts your whole system and at the same time is alkalising. Keep a bottle of water with you so you can hydrate on the go. And during the cooler months, I prefer to drink warm water, or make up my favourite herbal tea in a large bottle or jug – it saves time making cups of tea throughout the day and also helps the body to rid toxins.
Want more articles like this? Sign up to the newsletter