As you may know, the condition of your skin is not only hugely impacted by the quality and efficacy of the products you apply to your skin, but also the nutritional value of the foods you consume. As our friends at The Beauty Chef say, ‘beauty begins in the belly’.
We spoke to The Beauty Chef Founder, Carla Oates to get her ultimate recipe for healthy and glowing skin.
GET GLOWING SMOOTHIE BOWL
“This health-giving bowl is rich in fibre, antioxidants, lipids and glow-giving minerals like selenium, copper and zinc. The berries boast anti-inflammatory benefits and are rich in vitamin C, which is essential for collagen synthesis. This sumptuous smoothie bowl also contains the added goodness of GLOW Inner Beauty Powder, which contains a delicious blend of skin-loving wholefoods, as well as prebiotics and probiotics to keep your gut happy and your skin looking luminous.”
- 125g frozen blueberries
- 100g frozen unsweetened açai pulp, coarsely chopped
- 1 very ripe frozen banana, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup (125g) coconut kefir or natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons GLOW Inner Beauty Powder, optional
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs*
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled and sliced 6-10 fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (not suitable for those with bee allergies)
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds (optional)
- To make the smoothie, blend the blueberries, açai, banana, kefir or yoghurt and GLOW powder (if using), cinnamon, chia seeds and cacao nibs in a high-speed blender, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the smoothie into two wide shallow serving bowls. Decorate with toppings. Eat immediately.
*NOTE: The topping ingredients can be substituted according to personal taste or availability.
AMPLIFY YOUR GLOW RITUAL WITH AN ALL-NATURAL SODASHI TREATMENT
Our Enzyme Face Polish combines Pomegranate Enzymes and finely-ground Rice Powder to gently exfoliate and beautifully soften skin.
Want more articles like this? Sign up to the newsletter